Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29th Verdict - Egg Brunch Casserole

Hi There!

Tonight we partook (is that a word?), of the Pinterest-inspired recipe as seen in the previous post -- Egg Brunch Casserole.
I tweaked the recipe a bit - I omitted the onion and dill, and only put in a little bit of green pepper.
In looking at the comments on the original post, there were many suggestions about it being too bland and that the cooking time was too long.  Taking these into consideration, I kept the seasonings as listed, but did cut the cooking time to 7 hours (not 8-10), and even then the sides were quite crispy.  To take care of any potential blandness, I offered some ketchup, Cholula and salt and pepper to be added as needed.

Everyone said it tasted good, and I agree!  I will make this again, perhaps with more bacon in it! (I used pre-cooked this time around for convenience).  It would be great to make the night before Christmas or some other day when you have company over and want a big breakfast!

We paired it with cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, and turkey sausage!  Yay breakfast for dinner!

Verdict:  Recommend  :-)


Adding all the ingredients together.

After 7 hours in the crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment